Friday, September 18, 2009

No drama past this point







I'm a strong believer in the philosophy of "No Drama." It's often not the case, sadly enough, in everyday life. Weddings are the epicenter of dramatic activity. Whether it's a nervous bride or groom, a high-strung in-law, or a small child that is bored to tears, drama always seems to unfold at a wedding.

Wedding days should be happy events, mine was, I was so happy on my wedding day. I had my best friends and my closest family there to watch me marry my wife, Anne. It was amazing. We both wore dresses (which to everyone's surprise, Anne actually wanted to wear), and the only tears were those of happiness. No drama, and really there should have been, half the gay community of Saint John was there!! HAHAHA! Seriously though, it was an amazing day, which every wedding day should be, regardless of sexual orientation, religion, number of guests, or whether the couple broke the bank to throw the thing. I've seen some beautiful weddings done on small budgets, and I've seen some bad weddings done on too large of a budget. Sadly, the latter usually includes drama, but that's a fact of life and a fact of weddings that I deal with.

Sadly, there is no way to defeat this being known as Drama...he is everywhere. Some people even thrive on his existence, trust me, I know some of these people and I'm sure you do too. All I can say is, drama should be left to the TV and real life should be taken for what it's worth...not what it could be if we added some crying and stress to the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment