Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School on the brain














As I sit here, with my morning coffee, I am thinking about my nephew Adrian. Today is his first day of school. The Boy is just shy of 5, and could almost pass for a pre-teen...he's way too tall for his own good, something he gets from his mother.

The last two pictures here are of him, the second with Melissa, his mom. It was the first time I got a good smile, in a studio shot, out of Adrian since he was a toddler!

I've taken pictures of Adrian his whole life. Truth be told, he was easier to photograph when he was a baby, less moving around. My wife, who is biologically his aunt, is like his play thing, so whenever I try to get pictures of him when she's around, it's impossible. He's due for new pictures too...I'll have to get a head-start because Johnston's will be hopping into every school in the province to shoot those generic pictures that we all remember. Now I am fully expecting to have one of these cookie-cutter pictures of Adrian, it's his first year of school...it wouldn't be right, even if there's a photographer in the family, it's a rite of passage, especially since it's his first year of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment